Tuesday 11 March 2014

Making the Monk - Final



Sorry about the gap, but here is the final part of Making The Monk!

Step 19 - With the head, weapon and hands done, I began building up the fore-arms in preparation for working on the bracers.

Steps 20 to 25 - The bracers came next, along with the connection to the right hand. This was a multi-step process with work on the inside of the forearms to create the impression of the braces being held on with cloth bindings, followed by the curved shape of the braces, their edging and the tiny swirls for detail. I also added some prayer beads at this point, though I'm not totally sure they look good or not.

Step 26 - The detail I added was some extra details on the disk on her waist. I was trying to evoke an iconic Chinese symbol like the Shou symbol.

And that it, the sculpture is finished.

I hope you all enjoyed the process, I may do another one in the future. If you are wondering, it looks like I wont get her painted in time for the close of the competition, but I will still submit her.

No comments:

Post a Comment