Tuesday 4 March 2014

Making the Monk - Part 4



Step 13 - (Done while simultaneously working on the hand) Was the addition of a face (here's one I prepared earlier). This is how I usually work with faces; making a whole bunch of faces separately, and choosing the best ones to be moulded and added to miniatures. You cant see it, but I used a small section of wire to anchor the new face to the neck.


Step 14 - Rounding out the head with additional green-stuff to give it a proper shape. Smoothing it into the neck to make the connection seamless.

Step 15 - Sculpting on her ears comes next, as they will be visible once the hair has gone on. I did both ears in a single session this time, which is tricky, as it can be tempting to support the head by putting my finger on the far side to which I'm working (which would flatten any un-set ear I had just sculpted :p).

Steps 16, 17, & 18 - Her hair went on in 3 stages; first the back, then the fringe, then the two side area where the back and the fringe did not meet.
More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment